Director of Senior Adult Ministries
McFarlin Memorial United Methodist Church’s mission is to change lives that change the world. Our staff team is guided by the teachings of Colossians 3:12-14, and each are called to be servant leaders who embrace the values of commitment, cooperation, compassion, and kindness as they serve God, each other, and the congregation. We are seeking a Director of Senior Adult Ministries to oversee all ministry programs and activities for adult members and guests, ages 50+, of McFarlin.
- Make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
- Create and oversee opportunities for spiritual and personal growth for senior adults
- Provide congregational care to church members as part of the Care Team
- Recruit and equip volunteers to lead programs and activities
- Lead devotionals and spiritual formation opportunities for senior adults
- Expand current ministry to include Boomer generation
- Coordinate opportunities for mission and community outreach
- Passion for working with adults of different generations who are 50 years old and up
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate well in large group settings with people of different ages
- Commitment to working as part of a team and supporting the mission of the church
This is a 30-hour per week position, and McFarlin offers competitive compensation, pension and health insurance benefits based on experience and education.
Start date is July 1, 2017. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Rev. Wendi Neal, Associate Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Childhood Ministry Staff
Seeking engaging, attentive and dependable hourly individuals to join our team. Provide care and discipleship during worship services, with our children, ages 6 weeks through Kindergarten. Sunday mornings and possible evening shifts. Submit applications ( Click Here ) to Kristy Varva at email@example.com