Facts & Figures:
- We are open on Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 to 4 p.m. except for holidays or when the church is closed due to bad weather.
- We serve residents of Norman, Noble and Little Axe with a picture ID and current proof of residence.
- Aldersgate offers two ground-floor entrances including a handicap ramp that allows clients to unload groceries directly into their car from the alley.
- Handicapped residents may use the door-to-door CART service or the regular CART system that stops on Webster just east of the church.
- A grocery bag of canned/dry goods including: a box of mac and cheese, dry beans or rice, canned soup and beans, canned green veggie, canned orange/yellow veggie, canned tomatoes, one canned fruit, spaghetti sauce, pasta, canned tuna, a small jar of peanut butter, jelly and cereal.
- A sack of frozen items including: a meat (usually frankfurters), a bread item and margarine.
- A quart of fresh 2 % Milk.
- We also offer REMs (Ready-to-Eat Meals) which include ready to eat foods/snacks for those that might be homeless and don’t have access to a kitchen/stove.
- Additional items for give-a-way (subject to availability) include: bagels, bread items, snack items (energy or nutrition bars), hygiene items, toilet paper, diapers/wipes, feminine items, baby food, produce, any grocery or canned items whose dates have not expired.
Ways You Can Help:
- Work a 3 hour shift per month. Each shift is staffed by two volunteers in the morning or afternoon.
- Be a shopper. These shoppers help buy what is needed and deliver it directly to the food pantry.
- Be a Sacker. You are responsible for filling the sacks so they are ready for distribution on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Be an un-loader/stocker. We need strong volunteers to unload boxed items and distribute cans on the shelves, at 11:00 a.m. on 1st and 3rd Mondays.
- Be a Donor. In addition to your annual tithe, you can make a yearly or bi-annual donation for the food pantry.
- Donate produce from your garden or canned/dry goods from your own pantry.
- Watch our Bulletin/Announcements for items needed that month in the food pantry and drop them off at our Giving Tree or tubs around the church building.