Our mission at McFarlin is Changing Lives That Change the World. Our staff team is guided by the teachings of Colossians 3:12-14, and each are called to be servant leaders who embrace the values of commitment, cooperation, compassion, and kindness as they serve God, each other, and the congregation.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
Teachers // CDO & Day Care
CDO & Day Care Teachers
Our Children’ Day Out and Day Care ministry programs are looking for part-time employees (12-20 hours per week) to join our team!
CDO is open from 9AM-2PM and Day Care is open from 7:30AM-5:30PM, Monday through Friday.
To apply: Complete the Employment Application and email your completed application to:
We are looking for dependable and engaging individuals that have a passion for children and sharing God’s word. For more information contact Sandy Minty, Director of Children and Family Ministries at Sandy Minty or 321-3484
To apply, fill out the application and submit to Stephanie Miller email@example.com
Director of Youth & Children’s Choirs
This is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Director of Music Ministry. Part- time candidates may be considered for the right candidate.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate with pastors and staff appropriate youth and children’s choir music for worship
- Regularly recruit and communicate with choir members and parents of youth and children choirs
- Prepare weekly rehearsals for the Youth Choir (6-12 grades) and Children’s Choirs (K-1, 2-3, and 4-5 grades) to lead worship regularly at the appropriate services
- Organize annual summer Youth Choir tour (10 days) which includes fundraising activities.
- Oversee and assist with Chapel Choir gameday parking operations for the University of Oklahoma Football games.
- Possible directing other choirs or ensembles such as bell choirs, etc., TBD based on the candidate’s qualifications.
- Necessary organizational and collaborative work in planning, team interaction, teamwork as part of the Music Ministry team and interface with the larger church staff team
- A BME, MME or MM in choral music/choral conducting preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable in vocal pedagogy and choral repertoire to teach and engage youth and children choirs
- Proven ability to work well with children and work with the changing voice
- Strong sense of commitment to the Church; willing to work to support and advance the church’s mission, outcomes, strategies, etc. through the ministry of music.
- A team player who works well with others—staff, lay-people, and volunteers. Proven
- collaborator and willingness to work with children, youth, young adults, and seniors.
- Digital/virtual music production and recording skills needed.
McFarlin Memorial United Methodist Church offers competitive compensation, paid pension, and health insurance benefits.
To apply please email resume & cover letter to Dr. Richard Zielinski, Director of Music Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Due: June 21, 2021
Preferred Start Date: July 20, 2021 preferred, negotiable
Digital Content Manager
Digital Content Manager
At McFarlin, our mission is Changing Lives That Change the World and we do that through worship, discipleship and missions. As the world is more connected through digital communication, we want to expand our ability to connect with people online. We are looking for a creative, digital media professional who can help the communications team in implementing digital communication strategies across our website, app, social, media and website.
Under the communications team, we’re looking for someone who can:
- Implement digital communication strategies by producing content across our digital platforms (website, app, social media, email, etc)
- Stay up to date with the latest on social media best practices, public relations, social media advertising, and digital marketing practices.
- Maintain and update our digital communication outlets on a weekly basis (website, app, weekly email, social media, youtube channel, etc)
- Assists in Sunday morning live-streaming and recording of our services
- 2+ years in social media management
- 2+ years experience in digital media management
- Proficient in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (Premiere and After Effects would be a plus!)
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, public relations
- Video Production experience is a plus!
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kristen Howard at email@example.com