Our mission at McFarlin is Changing Lives That Change the World. Our staff team is guided by the teachings of Colossians 3:12-14, and each are called to be servant leaders who embrace the values of commitment, cooperation, compassion, and kindness as they serve God, each other, and the congregation.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:
Director of Food Services
We are seeking a Food Service Director to oversee all food service operations in the church.
- Managing the church kitchen including planning and preparing breakfast, lunch, and required snacks for Daycare
- Planning, preparing, and serving meals as arranged by church staff/groups
- Inventory Management; Ordering all food and supplies
- Maintaining kitchen to the standards of the Cleveland County Health Department
- Operating kitchen within budget constraints as set by the Faith and Finance Committee
- Scheduling/supervising kitchen staff as needed
- Relevant Food Service experience & applicable food handlers permit required; education & background in kitchen & inventory management required
- Track record of organizational leadership; experience in church, childcare centers preferred
This is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Business Administrator. McFarlin Memorial United Methodist Church offers competitive compensation, paid pension and health insurance benefits.
To apply please email your resume & cover letter to Stephen Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Senior Adult Ministries
We are seeking a Director of Senior Adult Ministries to oversee all ministry programs and activities for adult members and guests, ages 50+, of McFarlin.
- Make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
- Create and oversee opportunities for spiritual and personal growth for senior adults
- Provide congregational care to church members
- Recruit and equip volunteers to lead programs and activities
- Lead devotionals and spiritual formation opportunities for senior adult
Passion for working with adults of different generations who are 50 years old and up, strong organizational skills, ability to communicate well in large group settings with people of different ages, commitment to working as part of a team and supporting the mission of the church.
This is a 20-hour per week position, and McFarlin offers competitive compensation, pension and health insurance benefits based on experience and education. Start date is August 1, 2019.
To apply, please submit your resume to Rev. Wendi Neal, Associate Pastor, at email@example.com.
- We are looking for dependable and engaging individuals that have a passion for children and sharing God’s word.
- For more information, contact Associate Director of Children and Family Ministries Bonny Coats at Bonny Coats or 321-3484
- To apply, fill out an application and submit to Bonny Coats Bonny Coats
Summer Spectrum Counselors
(Full & Part-time positions available)
- We are seeking camp counselors for our summer children’s day camp!
- Under supervision of the program coordinator, counselors will provide a safe, stimulating environment with camp activities for children exiting K-5th grades.
- Ideal applicants will have good communication skills, high energy and be team players. Prior experience working with elementary-age children or elementary teaching background is preferred but not required.
- To apply, fill out an application and submit to the Director of Children and Family Ministries, Sandy Minty Sandy Minty