WORSHIP UPDATE (as of May 14)
The Relaunch team met this week and is excited to announce a few changes to our in-person services. Click Here for more in-person worship details
This Sunday, May 16:
- This is the last Sunday we will require RSVP or checking in.
- Masked congregational singing will be expanded to all songs during the service.
Next Sunday, May 23:
- Bibles, hymnals, prayer request cards, sign-in pads and offering plates will be back in worship
We’ve got more updates coming in the next few weeks so keep an eye on our website, app and email!
UPDATE: Feb. 4, 2021
Updates to In-Person Group Meetings & In-Person Worship
Our relaunch team continues to meet weekly to discern how to move forward with our efforts to safely reopen. The team, along with our medical advisers have been greatly encouraged by the steady decline in COVID-19 numbers for the last two weeks. Vaccines are being administered at an encouraging rate and we’re beginning to see the effects of that in our statistics. Therefore, our relaunch team is excited to share McFarlin’s updated relaunch plan and the details for reopening safely in this ever-changing situation. READ: UPDATED 2021 RELAUNCH DOCUMENT
Starting Monday, Feb. 8 groups may request a time to meet in the building.
NOTE: Eve and Pastor Trey will be reaching out to Sunday schools and small groups who need both in-person and virtual options at the same time.
To comply with COVID safety protocols of social distancing in rooms, each request will be fulfilled based on three factors:
- size of the group
- size of a room large enough to allow distancing for the group
- times when the rooms are available
At this time, the following days and times are available for group meetings:
- Monday: 8AM-5PM
- Tuesday: 8AM-8PM
- Wednesday: 8AM-8PM
- Thursday: 8AM-8PM
- Friday: 8AM-12PM
Instructions for requesting a room:
- Contact Shouna Massey and request a day and time for your group to meet // 321-3484 or email@example.com
- Shouna will work with groups to find a room that accommodates the size of your group. Flexibility and patience will be important as we work to accommodate for groups of various sizes in order to maintain a safe environment for each group.
COVID Safety Protocols in the building:
- Enter through the Southwest doors unless otherwise directed
- At all times, wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Keep your hands clean
- Exit via the Southeast stairwell near the sliding glass doors
- Meals are not allowed at this time
WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED
- Download our App: The McFarlin app is a great way to stay connected to McFarlin. Watch worship on Sunday, read devotionals and get notifications about events, programs and the latest news on relaunch updates, upcoming events and opportunities to serve and grow. Click Here to download the app.
- Jump In! On this page you’ll find events and opportunities to help you and your family grow deeper in your relationship with God and your church family through worship, discipleship, missions, serving, giving and more! CLICK HERE to explore.
- Friday Email: Every Friday we’ll send an email to recap any important information from the week as well as details about Sunday worship and upcoming events. Click Here to sign up for weekly email.
- Food Pantry: We will continue to open our Food Pantry to those in need and the longer this pandemic continues, the more the need will grow. Currently, the hours remain the same (Tuesdays/Thursdays 10AM-4PM).
- Thursday Utilities Assistance: Our volunteers will work remotely to continue Utilities Assistance Ministry on Thursdays. CLICK HERE FOR ASSISTANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Click the link below to read or watch a past update:
Oct. 20 Trustees Letter: Safety Updates to the Sanctuary