Jesus lived genuinely. Whether he was in the synagogue, at home, on the road or among his accusers, Jesus was honest, authentic, truthful. This “real” way of Jesus frees us for joyful, hopeful, holy living. This Lenten season at McFarlin, we’ll challenge ourselves to become Real Like Jesus. Our series begins Feb. 21.Virtual Worship // In-Person Worship
Study, Pray and Engage During Lent: Below you’ll find several different ways to walk with your church family during the Lenten season. We encourage you to find at least one discipline to engage with and make it a priority to grow with us as we continue our yearly focus of what it means to be an authentic community: living in the light of God.
Pray Every Day
During Lent, we invite you to spend the 40 days of Lent praying THIS PRAYER every day with your church family.
Wear (and share) Your Cross
In keeping with McFarlin’s Lenten tradition, join us in wearing (and sharing) a simple wooden cross necklace throughout the season. What’s the tradition? If someone compliments your cross or if you see someone who needs a reminder of God’s love, take the cross you are wearing and give it to them.
We have plenty of crosses available so stop by the church during business hours and make sure you have a couple crosses ready to wear and share!
Once you get your necklace, share a photo on social media of your cross and the ways you are participating in Lent with your church family. Don’t forget to tag us! @mcfarlinumc or #mcfarlinumc
Book & Video Study: Join our Sunday school classes in studying the book, “Reckless Love” by author Tom Berlin.
Facebook LIVE Midweek Discussion: This is a new, creative way to engage with your church family and deepen your faith. Below are a few details about what to expect with this new option.
- What? Every week Pastor Trey will lead a LIVE discussion on our facebook group with themes and discussion questions from Sunday’s sermons and the group study on Reckless love.
- When? Every Wednesday at 7PM starting Feb. 24
- Where? On the McFarlin UMC Community Facebook GROUP
- Length? Each discussion will last around 45 minutes, but feel free to hop on or off at any point. If you miss a discussion, you can always watch past discussions anytime on our facebook group. They’ll show up as a video on our feed.
- Are you a member of our Facebook Community Group? Our facebook group is public, but you must request to join. CLICK HERE and request to join the group to make sure you are able to join us for the live discussion!
Pour It On A Page: Visual Journaling Group led by Elizabeth Johnson (click here for more details & sign up form)