“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another … ”
(1 John 1:7a)
At a time when most of us long for deep fellowship and real community, McFarlin invites you to join us in nurturing and celebrating holy community. Together over the coming year, we’ll explore the many ways the Light of God shines within and through the relationships of God’s people. >> Scroll down for new and upcoming opportunties in worship, discipleship and mission that focus on our yearly theme.
Over the course of this year (and beyond) we’ll study these 8 principles of Authentic Community.
Authentic Community is:
- A place that is profoundly safe
- A place where we never give up on each other
- A place where wisdom about how to live emerges from honest conversation centered on God’s Word
- A place where all children of God are affirmed
- A place where clergy, church staff and laity share the responsibility of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
- A place where we model what it means to wrestle openly and honestly with topics that divide us, practicing active listening and allowing God’s love to reconcile us to one another.
- A place where we explore and understand the bases of our moral convictions and how they are founded on scripture, tradition, reason and experience.
- A place where we are centered on the good news of Jesus Christ and recognize that God is doing something transformative in and through us
2021 TEAMS: These teams will help lead our congregation is specific ways. In the coming weeks and months these teams will share opportunties to grow together as a church family.
- General Conference Team: led by Karen Hill & Chris Gentry
- Just Action Team: led by Vernon Hooks & Harris Phillips
- Vision Next One Hundred: Led by Jonathan Bryan & Cara MacDonald
- Centennial Celebration: Led by Carol Warner