Midweek at McFarlin
Wednesday Nights, Beginning March 1
Join us for an exciting six weeks of Wednesday night programming during Lent! At Midweek at McFarlin, we’ll kick off the evening with a delicious dinner from 5:15-5:55pm in Fenn Hall (and the best part? It’s totally free). Afterward, we’ll have adult studies from 6-7pm. Choose from an art+faith class with Elizabeth Johnson, or a Pastor’s Bible Study with Rev. Rockford Johnson. We’ll also have childcare available for those with little ones. And don’t worry, our children’s and youth choirs will still be meeting at their usual times. It’s sure to be a fun and enriching evening for all. We hope to see you at Midweek at McFarlin! Don’t forget to check out our Lent Hub for all of the details about our Lent events and opportunities!
Childcare will be available from 5:40-7:35 pm. We will have infants through Pre-K on the first floor and K-5th on the 3rd floor.
“Red Dirt Wheat and Vine Wisdom—Jesus’ Field and Food Parables”
Bible Study with Pastor Rockford | Room 226
In this six-week study, come explore some of Jesus’ well-known parables with Pastor Rockford:
- March 1 – Dirt, Seeds, & Harvest- part 1 in Mark 4.1-20 (Matthew 13.1-9, 18-23)
- Mar. 8 – Dirt, Seeds, & Harvest- part 2 in Mark 4.1-20 (Matthew 13.1-9, 18-23)
- Mar. 15 – Blood-red Soil & Murderous Vintners in Mark 12.1-12 (Matthew 21.33-46)
- Mar. 22 – Justice or a Dirty Pay Scale in the Vineyard in Matthew 20.1-16
- Mar. 29 – Dirty and Clean at God’s Table in Matthew 22.1-14 (Luke 14.1-24)
- Apr. 5 – Barns, Barrels, and Bank Accounts in the Red in Luke 12.13-21
“Pour It on a Page”
Art Journaling Class with Elizabeth Johnson | Room 209 | 5:45-7:30 pm
During this 6-week class, participants will gather together at the church as artist Elizabeth Johnson provides artistic ways to settle your minds, listen for God’s voice, and pour your thoughts and prayers onto the page through visual journaling. Utilizing the same techniques found in Elizabeth’s book The Lion Whispers Hope, you will be invited to process your own personal spiritual story in your journal.
Elizabeth, an artist herself, lives at the intersection of imagery, words, creativity, and spirituality to lead this group through an art journal and workshop, incorporating a bit of her own story and some guided artistic training.