United Methodist Men is a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually, and to see His will daily.
To serve the McFarlin Family and Norman community by:
- Making UMM a ministry TO men as well as a ministry BY men in developing opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Assist elderly with home repairs and yard work.
- Continuing support of Habitat for Humanity, Cleveland County Aging Services, Norman Kitchens, Food Pantries, and other community agencies.
- Providing greater service to the McFarlin ministry through care and up keep of church facilities.
- Furthering awareness of UMM.
The UMM holds a breakfast meeting monthly in Fenn Hall. For more information contact Glenn Keenon at email@example.com
For many years (over 10, I believe) the McFarlin UMM have been sponsoring residents of the United Methodist Boy’s Ranch in Gore to come to an OU Basketball and/or Baseball game. It usually includes a visit with the coach and a tour of the facilities. We had them scheduled to come to a basketball game earlier this year, but the threat of snow caused us to cancel. They finally got to come to a baseball game (Sam Houston St.) on April 25. They got to tour the facilities, including the team’s locker room, training room, etc. We always treat them to CiCi’s Pizza after the game. As you would expect, the boys can put away some pizza!! Six guys, two chaperones, and one chaperone’s daughter came. Bob Staples, Roy Hickman, and Joe Sanders met the group at the stadium. I managed to meet Bob, Roy and the group at Ci Ci’s before they departed for home. Everybody had a great time, even though OU lost the game in extra innings. Grace and Peace, Bill Chissoe.