A Norman tradition continues Wednesdays starting March 13, as the 2019 Norman Ministerial Fellowship Lenten lunch series begins.
Each service begins at noon and lunch will be served at 12:35PM. Cost for the lunch is $5.
The community Lenten services are designed as a 30-minute noon-day worship service in the sanctuary/worship space of the host church. The host church provides a brief expression of music and liturgy from their tradition. Following each service, an offering will be taken for Norman Regional Health System Foundation to support Pastoral Care Services. The offering will support the Chaplain’s office as they offer pastoral care to patients and families at Norman Regional, the Norman Healthplex, and the Norman Regional Moore Hospital. The Chaplain’s office has used previous gifts to purchase Bibles, care notes, and memorial markers in the Baby Land area of Sunset Memorial Cemetery.
- Mar. 13: First Baptist Church, 211 W. Comanche St.
Guest pastor: Jakob Topper, from NorthHaven Church
Topic: Mary Magdalene
- Mar. 20: First Christian Church, 220 S. Webster.
Guest Pastor: Peggy Farris, Retired Minister
Topic: The Roman Centurion
- Mar. 27: McFarlin Memorial United Methodist Church, 419 S. University Blvd.
Guest pastor Dr. Wade Smith, First Baptist Church Norman
Topic: The Two Thieves
- Apr. 3: Grace Fellowship, which meets at The Hall at the Railhouse, 102 W Eufaula St.
Guest pastor: Daniel Kitchel, from The Cross Church of Norman
Topic: Simon Peter
- Apr. 10: Memorial Presbyterian Church, 601 24th Ave. SW,
Guest pastor: Jeannie Himes, St. Stephens Methodist Church.
Topic: The Crowd
- Apr. 17: Alameda Church of Christ, 801 E. Alameda St
Guest pastor: Mike Butler, Crosspointe Church
Topic: John, The Beloved Disciple.