New Update to COVID Policies
UPDATE: Wednesday, May 19
Throughout the pandemic McFarlin’s relaunch team has been meeting almost weekly to discern how we can best serve you and our community. Now that we are opening up and balancing the return to normal with Christian care, your pastors wanted to sit down and share from their hearts some of what the past year has been like for them, and some of the whys behind our reopening process.
One of our values of living in authentic Christian community is being vulnerable and transparent as we journey together, so take a few minutes to sit with our pastors, pray for our church, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
UPDATES TO MASKS, WORSHIP AND OTHER COVID POLICIES (as of June 6, 2021)
With updated guidance from the CDC and the City of Norman, and as Covid-19 cases continue to decrease in our area and the number of people being vaccinated increases, McFarlin continues to take steps to relaunch our in-person worship, discipleship and mission ministries. We are happy to share these updates:
MASK POLICY: We will follow the CDC’s recommendations regarding mask wearing:
- All those who are fully vaccinated may participate in any McFarlin ministry, including worship, without wearing a mask.
- We ask that those who are not fully vaccinated follow the recommendation of the CDC to continue to wear a mask and that doing so is an offer of love and care for those among us, especially children, who are not able to be vaccinated yet.
- We also know that even those who are fully vaccinated may choose to still wear a mask.
- We continue to support anyone who wears a mask and appreciate your concern for safety.
- 8:30 AM // Sanctuary in-person
- 9 AM // Modern online
- 11 AM // Sanctuary in-person and online
- 11 AM // Modern in-person
SUNDAY MORNING DETAILS
- No RSVP will be required for worship
- Bibles, hymnals, prayer request cards, sign-in pads and offering plates will be back in worship
- We will expand singing to all congregational songs in worship
- Donuts and coffee are back! (food will be individually plated)
- Sunday school rollout will be complete and all classes will have the option to meet in the building during the Sunday school hour.
UPDATE for In-Person Group Meetings
At this time, the following days and times are available for group meetings:
- Monday: 8AM-5PM
- Tuesday: 8AM-8PM
- Wednesday: 8AM-8PM
- Thursday: 8AM-8PM
- Friday: 8AM-12PM
Instructions for requesting a room:
- Contact Shouna Massey and request a day and time for your group to meet // 321-3484 or email@example.com
- Shouna will work with groups to find a room that accommodates the size of your group. Flexibility and patience will be important as we work to accommodate for groups of various sizes in order to maintain a safe environment for each group.