COVID POLICY UPDATE
Nov. 1, 2021
Dear church family,
As case numbers and hospitalizations continue to decline, Leadership Team, in consultation with our medical professionals, as given authority by the Relaunch Team, has made the decision to update our protocol on masking. Please see the below message that Pastor Rockford shared this Sunday that includes staff and volunteers:
Effective Nov. 1, 2021, masking is optional at all McFarlin gatherings both inside and outside, with the following considerations. Children under 12 and those who work with them, including staff and volunteers, will continue to mask. Our music department will attend to any special choir considerations.
Out of pastoral concern for the health of unvaccinated and immunocompromised persons 12 and older, we recommend but do not require that they wear masks. Current CDC guidelines recommend masking even for the fully vaccinated in an area of “substantial” or “high” transmission as is the case in Cleveland Co. as of 10.28.21.
For your convenience here are current CDC guidelines.
“Who Should Wear a Mask?”
- People, including children older than 2, should wear a mask in indoor public places if they are:
- Not fully vaccinated
- Fully vaccinated and in an area with substantial or high transmission
- Fully vaccinated and with weakened immune systems
- In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
- In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
Grace and peace,
Pastor Rockford & The Relaunch Team