If You Need Help
Director of Missions & Community Outreach
The McFarlin Food Pantry is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am to 4pm. We serve residents of Norman, Noble and Little Axe with a picture ID and current proof of residence.
At this time the Food Pantry is a “drive-thru” operation, with clients entering the alley-way on the Northside of the church building from the East (off of Webster Street).
- A grocery bag of canned/dry goods including: a box of mac and cheese, dry beans or rice, canned soup and beans, canned green veggie, canned orange/yellow veggie, canned tomatoes, one canned fruit, spaghetti sauce, pasta, canned tuna, a small jar of peanut butter, jelly and cereal.
- Frozen items offered include: wieners, margarine and choice of meat or sometimes berries.
- A quart of whole or 2 % milk
- We also offer REMs (Ready-to-Eat Meals) which include ready to eat foods/snacks for those that might be homeless and don’t have access to a kitchen/stove.
- Additional items for give-a-way (subject to availability) include: bagels, bread items, snack items (energy or nutrition bars), hygiene items, toilet paper, diapers/wipes, feminine items, baby food, produce, any grocery or canned items whose dates have not expired.
- In partnership with Adams, Jackson, and Madison Elementary schools, Irving Middle School, and the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, McFarlin’s Mobile Food Pantry visits each school once a month to deliver groceries. Beginning in September, the truck will be in the school parking lot from 5:30-7:00pm on the scheduled delivery day and eligible families will receive one sack of groceries per household containing: canned goods, pasta, rice, cereal, peanut butter, jelly, bread, margarine, hotdogs, and milk.
- Applicants must complete an enrollment form, have a valid picture ID, and proof of residence (utility bill, lease, home title) for Norman, Noble or Little Axe.
- Applicants do not have to have children attending one of these schools in order to participate. Those who qualify may come once every 14 days for food assistance.
- Attached below are the new enrollment forms in English and Spanish.
(They are the same for each school.)
Beginning February 1, 2023:
- McFarlin will help with those in need obtain a photo ID, Driver’s License, or Birth Certificate once per calendar year. Due to our limited funds, we are not able to help an individual with any one of the IDs mentioned more than once per calendar year.
- People who need an ID or Birth Certificate must come to the church during the following times only (phone calls are no longer accepted, and ID vouchers are not provided outside the stated times):
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays: 10am to Noon and 3pm to 5pm
- If a birth certificate is needed, the recipient must go online and print the form, and bring it filled out with the at one of the above times. Only completed forms will be accepted. McFarlin will provide envelopes and postage for forms to be sent, and, if necessary, for return of the Birth Certificate to the recipient.
- McFarlin is not able to help with Passports, Birth Certificates from foreign countries, or Death Certificates.
While the above are ways McFarlin can help, there are other agencies and churches in the Norman community that can help fulfill other needs. Check out the community resource list above for more information.